Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Background Blogging: Back in Business

Aaaaand we're back!

As stated in the previous post, I was in one of the heavily impacted areas of the April 27th tornadoes in Alabama.  We missed a direct hit by about a block, I'm thankful to say.  However, immediately afterward, the most modest estimate for getting electrical service back to our neighborhood was a month . . . and considering everything else going on, we felt like assholes even asking about things like internet. 

If you would like to help the tornado victims (i.e., my own personal neighbors), here's some places to start:

Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to the relief effort.

Amazon.com has a list of supplies needed in this area.  You buy and Amazon will ship directly.

You can also donate to the Alabama Food Bank.

It's hard to even give an idea of exactly how bad this thing is without physically importing you to my 'hood and walking you around for a couple blocks--and I couldn't even do that, because the National Guard is on the ground here and there's places they wouldn't let us go.  Suffice it to say that I know the world is moving on--the royal wedding, Bin Ladin's assassination--but this area is not going to recover within the next news cycle.  Please continue to keep us in your thoughts in the months ahead.

Blog-news: I posted up some comments that got stuck in moderation while I was indisposed.  If you didn't see your comments before, they should be there now!  I also got a headstart on Petals in the Wind once the power came up, and the first installment should be up on Friday if the internet holds.

Glad to be back!  Let's get this party started!

::spits on hands::

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I will definitely be keeping Alabama in mind, and I hope things improve soon for you and yours. It's amazing that you got back on this project so soon in the midst of that chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO GLAD you're back. I need to go ahead and check out that amazon.com link. Thank you for posting it. I'm excited to read your new reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete